VS – Vertical Sump PumpsAll Metso Sump Pumps are designed specifically for abrasive slurries and feature a robust design with ease of maintenance. The VS sump pump is one of the strongest, toughest and most reliable pump available on the market. For this reason the VS is preferred throughout the world by most heavy industries.
- Capacities from 5 to 7,000 GPM (1 to 1500 m3/hr)
- Heads up to 130 feet (42 meters)
- Simple Installation
- Cantilever design without submerged bearings or shaft seal
- Bearing assembly with double protection sealing arrangement to prevent bearing contamination
- Materials used are the very best available, providing both excellent wear properties and corrosion resistance
- Wear parts are available in a wide variety of different materials and fully interchangeable
- Wide range of impeller and casing options
- Floor sumps in process plants
- Mill scale pumping in steel work
- Pumping of machine tool cuttings
- Wood chips pumping
VT – Vertical Tank Pumps
The Metso Vertical Tank pumps are designed for abrasive slurry service and feature simple maintenance and robust design. The ingenious design of the pump makes it exceptionally service friendly and easy to install.
- Capacities from 5 to 3,000 GPM (1 to 900 m3/hr)
- Heads up to 105 feet (31 meters)
- Layout Flexibility – The pump, pump sump and motor are integrated in one self-contained unit. Simple to install and connect. No alignment and special foundations needed.
- Smooth Operation – The open tank design with a vertical “wet end” inlet prevents air blocking by allowing air to run up the shaft. These pumps can run dry.
- Cantilever Design – The heavy duty pump shaft is a cantilever design, hanging below the bearing housing. There are no submerged bearings, stuffing box or shaft seals. This design ensures minimum maintenance and eliminates any requirement for water flushing.
- Bearing Assembly – The pump shaft is carried in grease lubricated anti-friction bearings. Impeller clearance is maintained by external axial adjustment of the shaft/bearing assembly. Bearings have double protection against ingress of slurry.
- Impeller Options – Semi-Open for smooth and blockage free operation, Closed for high head and efficiency
Typical Tank Pump Applications
- Feed to dewatering cyclones in sand plants
- Screen underflow duties
- Sampling pumps in concentrators
- Permanent, mobile or semi-mobile installations in industrial applications
- Mixing/distribution units in applications for flocculent or lime in sewage plants or cement grouting in tunnels or mines
VF – Vertical Froth Pumps
The Metso Vertical Froth pump has been designed to increase the pumpability of frothy slurry. The principle of operation is similar to that of hydrocyclone separation. Air is separated from the slurry in a vortex created by the impeller rotation and the tangential inlet to the pump’s conical sump. This results in more efficient pumping at higher capacities and a smooth operation, free from pulsations caused by air locking.
- Capacities from 40 to 4500 GPM (10 to 1250 m3/hr)
- Heads up to 75 feet (23 meters)
- Integrated unit for layout flexibility
- Smooth operation of the open vortex created in the sump and vertical “wet end” inlet prevents air locking
- Cantilever design does not require submerged bearings or shaft seals
- Bearing assembly with double protection sealing arrangement to prevent ingress of slurry
- Wear parts are available in a variety of different materials
- Simplified maintenance
STGVA – Vertical Sump Pumps
The ST pump range consists of tough, general purpose slurry pumps particularly known for their induced flow impellers. The hydraulic design provides a very gentle handling of the slurry. The proven low attrition of pumped particles has made it the industrial standard for carbon transfer in gold leaching processes. The “clog less” performance of the induced flow impellers also makes this product ranges ideal for all applications where large or long, stringy solids will be handled. Vertical wet pit design for pulpy solids and corrosives. With single suction and no shaft sealing the STGVA pump offers outstanding design features.
- Capacities from 5 to 4500 GPM (1 to 1250 m3/hr)
- Heads up to 135 feet (40 meters)
- Cantilever Design – The heavy duty pump shaft moves freely under the bearing housing. There are no journal bearings below the liquid level to maintain. The pump has no stuffing box and this does not require sealing water.
- Metallurgy – Hydraulic parts are available from stock in cast iron, stainless steel and high chrome. Some sizes are also available with rubber-lined or polyurethane wear parts. The pump frame assemblies below the base plate are available in carbon steel and stainless steel. Other materials are available upon request.
- Vortex Impeller Available – This recessed impeller is located out of the flow pattern. The pumping effect is performed by the vortex that the impeller generates in the slurry. The passage through the vortex pump is fully open, therefore it is especially suited for pumping fibres and similar material
- Impeller Adjustment – Easily adjustable shaft allows setting of pump clearances for maximum performance.
STGVA / STHM Brochure [PDF]